Friday, June 12, 2009

End of 1st Week of College Experience

Different! Everything that I have experienced during my first week at UNO has been very different to my high school environment, but, in a positive way! I really enjoy the independence and the freedom college students have. At first I was overwhelmed by the classroom, campus, and so much information they bombard you with, but now that I have survived my first week I am enjoying my college experience and looking forward for what is prepared for me!


Let me tell you a little bit about my Philosophy professor. His name is Mark Decker and he is very interesting in a unique way. For example, his obsession with poodles. Professor Decker is very easy going, funny and gives you the feel that he is not a professor, but another student just like me. I enjoy having him as my professor and hope to learn as much as possible from him.


Everything I have experienced so far with Summer Scholars has been very helpful for me and my future career at UNO. In College 101, I have learned many helpful hints about college and how to find resources to attend college. I really appreciate this because it will be very helpful in my senior year of high school. Also the study groups they have set up for us our very, very useful because we can clarify any doubts we have relating to class, college and just about anything! I am indeed lucky to have a seat in the Summer Scholars program and I will take advantage of it and get the best out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment